Triumph Super Seven 1927 to 1932
Triumph Motor Company of Priory Street, Coventry, produced its first
car in 1923. The Super Seven, their third model, was designed by Arthur
Sykes late of Lea Francis, and Stanley Edge who had assisted Herbert
Austin in designing the Seven, and was targeted at the quality economy
slot previously filled by Humber and Talbot. It had a 832 c.c.
side-valve engine and the design though conventional for the period,
reflected the latest trends, including hydraulic brakes on all four
wheels. Four seat saloon bodies were by then the most popular. With a
top speed of 53 m.p.h. it could cruise at 40 m.p.h. and return fuel
consumption rates of 35 to 40 m.p.g. About ten and a half thousand were
produced by 1930.